Mental health clinics provide services that help individuals with mental illness manage their symptoms and avoid crises. Our goal is to help you avoid hospitalization and help you live and thrive within your community. To do so we use a “whatever it takes” approach to support the wellness and recovery process.
Tulare County provides services at two adult mental health clinics—one in Visalia and one in Porterville. Tulare County also has one children’s clinic located in Porterville.
We contract with community-based providers to make mental health services available throughout the county.
Mental health services may include:
- Individual, group, and family therapy
- Psychiatric evaluation, consultation, and medication support
- Crisis emergency assistance
- Health care referrals
- Services at school for children and youth
- Substance abuse and mental health coordinated services
Mental health case managers often connect individuals to other services and/or resources that may help clients live independently within their communities.
Related Documents and Links
- Alcohol & Other Drug (AOD) Prevention, Treatment & Recovery Services
A division of Tulare County’s Health & Human Services Agency, the Mental Health Branch supports healthy children, adults, families, and communities by providing regional services to reduce substance use disorders.
- Tulare County Together Strong - Mental Health Services
If you need help, we are here. We are providing services. Reach out, get connected, and get support. The earlier the better. Tulare County. Together strong.
- CDC page: Helping Children Cope with Emergencies
This site has great information for parents, guardians, and others who interact with children.
- Resources for Emotional Support and Well-being
This link leads to a section of the CA.gov website specific to the California Coronavirus (COVID-19) Response. This section contains resources such as suicide prevention and domestic violence hotlines, how to help others, and numerous other resources through the site's navigation options.