Pet and animal protection is a vital endeavor in our community. Tulare County can experience severe weather patterns such as drought, heat, freeze, and similar harsh conditions. These occurrences can be dangerous to humans as well as to pets, livestock, and other animals.
Tulare County Animal Services is responsible for the welfare and safety of animals in the unincorporated areas of Tulare County. Our team is focused on:
- Ensuring public safety
- Responsible pet ownership
- Licensing of dogs and cats
- Responding to and investigating reports of animal bites
- The humane care and treatment of animals
- Enforcement of laws, codes, and regulations related to animals
- Sheltering and adoption services for stray, abandoned, and surrendered animals
- Spay/neuter programs to help control the animal population
For more information, click here to visit the Tulare County Animal Services website.