Our goal is to implement healthy changes within Tulare County communities and provide nutrition and physical activity education to low-income residents by:
- Increasing access to healthy foods and beverages where people live, learn, work, play, or shop
- Reducing displays of unhealthy foods and beverages
- Increasing physical activity opportunities
Tulare County NEOP collaborates with multiple existing organizations and programs, including:
- University of California Cooperative Extension
- Tulare County Office of Education
- Kaweah Delta
- Family HealthCare Network
Nutrition Education Classes
Classes offered include basic nutrition, eating healthy on a budget, physical activity, and healthy recipe food demonstrations.
Healthy Retail Initiative
Tulare County NEOP provides nutrition education at retail sites as well as healthy retail advertising.
Signature community events that Tulare County NEOP hosts with collaboration from our partners include:
- Fruit & Veggie Fest
- Latino Health Awareness
- Rethink Your Drink
- Food Day
- Community Forums
Related Documents and Links
- NEOP Video
This video features real-life program beneficiaries and Champions to tell their stories and highlight NEOP’s successes in bringing about healthy changes in Tulare County. Viewers are encouraged to make small changes today for a healthier tomorrow and to just Be Better!