Our goal is to implement healthy changes within Tulare County communities and provide nutrition and physical activity education to low-income residents by:
- Increasing access to healthy foods and beverages where people live, learn, work, play, or shop
- Reducing displays of unhealthy foods and beverages
- Increasing physical activity opportunities
Tulare County NEOP collaborates with multiple existing organizations and programs, including:
- University of California Cooperative Extension
- Tulare County Office of Education
- Kaweah Delta
- Family HealthCare Network
- Nutrition Education Classes
Classes offered include basic nutrition, eating healthy on a budget, physical activity, and healthy recipe food demonstrations.
- Healthy Retail Initiative
Tulare County NEOP provides nutrition education at retail sites as well as healthy retail advertising.
- Community Events
Signature community events that Tulare County NEOP hosts with collaboration from our partners include:
- Fruit & Veggie Fest
- Latino Health Awareness
- Rethink Your Drink
- Food Day
- Community Forums.
Related Documents and Links
- NEOP Video
This video features real-life program beneficiaries and Champions to tell their stories and highlight NEOP’s successes in bringing about healthy changes in Tulare County. Viewers are encouraged to make small changes today for a healthier tomorrow and to just Be Better!