March 20, 2020
In compliance with Governor Gavin Newsom’s stay at home order, the Tulare County Health & Human Services Agency announces changes to Agency operations and service hours.
“The past several weeks have been a compelling reminder that our community is turning to Health & Human Services with the need for health and mental health services, along with public assistance programs,” said Timothy Lutz, Agency Director. “Despite California’s shelter in place order, HHSA’s work is deemed essential, and in light of that, we are implementing a number of changes in an effort to protect our employees while continuing to provide the essential services our community members need.”
Closures and Suspended Services
Effective March 23, 2020, all lobbies will be closed to the public for all HHSA locations. There will be limited access for some shared department lobbies. Noted below are the exceptions.
Hours of Operation: Monday - Thursday, 7:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m., Friday, 8:00 a.m. - noon
- Effective March 18, 2020, Animal Services Shelter Operations: no public access except by appointment.
- Accounts Receivable will be discontinuing in-person payments.
- Clients can mail in, pay over the phone, or pay online.
Effective March 23, 2020, all offices are closed to the public. Services may be conducted via phone, email, fax, or interactive electronic resources. Normal outstation locations are unavailable.
- CWS: Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.
- Group Therapy and Monthly Support Group has been cancelled
- Clinical Supervision discontinued
- Immediate Response Referrals continuing
- TulareWorks: Hours of Operation: Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. (District Offices/Call Center)
- Face-to-face interviews, orientations, and hearings are suspended for all programs
- Redeterminations for Medi-Cal, CalFresh, and CalWORKs suspended for 90 days
- General Relief lien collection is suspended
- Immediate needs triaged at the door
- Adult Services
- Aging Services (HICAP, MSSP, and Veterans) Hours of Operation: Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.; Friday, 8:00 a.m. – noon
- Call-in access during hours of operation
- IHSS Hours of Operation: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.; Friday 8:00 a.m. - noon
- IHSS Provider Orientations suspended
- Services will be provided through technology and practicing social distancing
- Intake referrals continuing
- Adult Protective Services/Public Guardian, Hours of Operation: Monday – Thursday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Friday, 8:00 a.m. - noon
- Immediate Response Referrals continuing
Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday, 7:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Effective March 19, 2020, the Wellness Center will have no public access.
- Effective March 23, 2020, all clinic/facilities will have no public access.
- Medication support will provide up to two days per week of injectables based on appointment only.
- County Group Therapy cancelled.
- Transitional Living Center has been instructed to have no outside visitors. Activities have been suspended.
- Payee checks available for pick up once a week on Mondays
Hours of Operation: (All services closed to the public unless otherwise noted)
- Visalia Health Clinic – M-F, 8:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m., Sat 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Health Clinic will triage patients and treat face-to-face those with acute issues.
- Phone calls and telemedicine options will be pursued in treating patients or refilling medications.
- Farmersville Clinic will field phone calls and direct patients as deemed appropriate.
- WIC - Monday – Thursday, 7:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m., Friday 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- California Children Services - Monday – Thursday, 7:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m., Friday 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Public Health Nursing Program - Hours of Operation: Monday – Thursday, 7:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m., Friday 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Environmental Health - Hours of Operation: Monday – Thursday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m., Friday 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Environment Health will handle business by phone calls and website.
- Any required services will be handled by appointment.
- The division will respond to all outbreak investigations.
- Public Health Administration - Hours of Operation: Monday – Thursday, 7:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m., Friday 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Vital Statistics – Hours of Operation: Monday –Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- TB clinic by appointment only
- Medical Therapy Unit services suspended per State direction.
- Oral Health, Tobacco Control Plan, NEOP, and CA PREP are suspended.