Large events and mass gatherings can contribute to the spread of COVID-19. Examples of large events and mass gatherings include conferences, festivals, parades, concerts, sporting events, weddings, and other types of assemblies. These events can be planned not only by organizations and communities but also by individuals.
Before and During an Outbreak
- Encourage your staff or community members to protect their personal health.
- Post the signs and symptoms of COVID-19: fever, cough, shortness of breath.
- Encourage people to stay home when sick.
- Clean surfaces that are frequently touched – things such as shared desks, countertops, kitchen areas, electronics, and doorknobs.
- Limit events and meetings that require close contact.
- Stay up to date on developments in your community.
- Create an emergency plan for possible outbreak.
- Assess if community members are at higher risk and plan accordingly.
During an Outbreak in Your Area
- Send home or separate anyone who becomes sick.
- If you identify a case, inform people who might have been exposed.
- Continue to safely clean and disinfect the person's area.
- Connect with Tulare County Public Health by dialing 2-1-1.
- Put your infectious disease outbreak plan into action.