The Car Seat Safety Program provides a two-hour car seat safety class to eligible parents and legal guardians to improve the safety of children while riding in a vehicle and to reduce incidences of injury caused by involvement in car accidents. Upon completion of the class, participants will know how to correctly install a car seat in accordance with national safety standards. After successful completion of the class, participants are eligible to receive a free car seat.
To be eligible for the Car Seat Safety Program, participants must:
- Be residing in Tulare County
- Lack resources to obtain a car seat
- Receive low-income services (WIC, Medi-Cal, Cash Aid, etc.)
- Be pregnant or a parent/legal guardian of an infant/child 0–8 years of age
- Be willing to attend a two-hour car seat safety class
Classes are currently being provided at four locations in Tulare County. For more information about the classes or to register as a participant, please call the Public Health Branch at (559) 685-2275.