Mental health clinics provide services that help individuals with mental illness manage their symptoms and avoid crises. Our goal is to help you avoid hospitalization and help you live and thrive within your community. To do so we use a “whatever it takes” approach to support the wellness and recovery process.
Tulare County provides services at two adult mental health clinics—one in Visalia and one in Porterville. Tulare County also has one children’s clinic located in Porterville.
We contract with community-based providers to make mental health services available throughout the county.
Mental health services may include:
- Individual, group, and family therapy
- Psychiatric evaluation, consultation, and medication support
- Crisis emergency assistance
- Health care referrals
- Services at school for children and youth
- Substance abuse and mental health coordinated services
Mental health case managers often connect individuals to other services and/or resources that may help clients live independently within their communities.