The Child Welfare Services (CWS) Family Advocate provides assistance to families involved in the CWS system. This may include birth parents, children, relatives, and resource families. The CWS Family Advocate provides support and answers questions about CWS and the Juvenile Court process.
Further services may include:
- Address concerns and complaints from biological and resource families regarding CWS
- Advocate for families and facilitate improved communication with CWS staff and service providers
- Thoroughly explain the CWS and Juvenile Court Process as well as staff roles in it
- Encourage and promote family participation in case planning and case decision making
- Answer questions regarding CWS policies and procedures
- Provide resources as needed if you have a problem and/or issue regarding your case, discuss it with your assigned social worker or the worker’s supervisor or manager; if the problem continues, contact the Family Advocate.