During June, Tulare County Adult Protective Services invites community members to take part in a no-cost training to increase awareness of elder abuse.
Elder and dependent adult abuse can involve neglect, self-neglect, and physical, emotional, sexual, or financial abuse. It affects seniors across all cultures, races, and socioeconomic groups. Each year, older adults lose billions of dollars in telemarketing fraud, mail scams, and fake lotto schemes.
Dates for the no-cost training are as follows:
- June 4 - Goshen Senior Center, 11:00 a.m., (559) 651-1030
- June 6 - Exeter Senior Center, 11:00 a.m., (559) 592-5960
- June 11 - Woodlake Senior Center, 11:00 a.m., (559) 564-3251
- June 13 - Cutler-Orosi Senior Center, 11:00 a.m., (559) 528-6108
- June 18 - Earlimart Senior Center, 11:00 a.m., (661) 849-2232
- June 20 - Lindsay Senior Center, 11:00 a.m., (559) 562-5859
- June 25 - Porterville Senior Center, 11:00 a.m., (559) 782-4725
- June 27 - Farmersville Senior Center, 11:00 a.m., (559) 594-4300
In Tulare County in 2017–2018 there were 2,133 reports of elder abuse or neglect. Tulare County Adult Protective Services receives an average of seven reports of elder abuse every day.
Partnerships with the Tulare County Sheriff, Tulare County District Attorney, local hospitals and medical practitioners, and other law enforcement agencies make investigations of elder abuse possible. Your reporting call is completely confidential; please call (559) 623-0650 if you suspect a family member, friend, or neighbor is being abused.