The 2023 Walk with a Doc is a free community outreach program, which strives to encourage healthy physical activity in people of all ages. This doctor-led group is a fun and safe place to go for a walk, learn about health, and meet new friends. Healthy snacks and prizes will be provided!
Registration begins at 8:00 a.m., followed by a warm up at 8:15 a.m., and the walk at 8:30 a.m., at Blain Park, 3101 S. Court St., in Visalia. A health topic will be covered each month! Walks will be held the second Saturday of each month on the following dates:
- January 14 (The Lifestyle Center Tour - Physical Activity Programs)
- February 11 (Oral Health/Chronic Diseases)
- March 11 (Diabetes and Healthy Carbs)
- April 8 (Mental Health)
- May 13 (Yoga Session)
- June 10 (Valley Fever)
- July 8 (Working with Healthcare Providers)
- August 12 (Sleep Health)
- September 9 (Falls Prevention)
- October 14 (Alzheimer's)
- November 11 (Home Health/Palliative Care)
- December 9 (Recipe Demonstration)
For more information or questions, call (559) 624-2416.