Veterans Services Office
The Veterans Services office is dedicated to serving Tulare County veterans and their families. Many veterans are unaware of the services and benefits they could be receiving. Others need help understanding the paperwork that is required to file a claim. We can make the process of obtaining benefits easier for you.
If you’re applying for veterans benefit programs, we can:
- Verify your eligibility and help you fill out all the necessary paperwork
- Prepare, submit, and monitor the progress of your claim
- Help you understand and respond to correspondence from the Department of Veterans Affairs
- Get answers to questions about the laws and regulations that apply to veterans benefits
- Help you through the appeal process if you’ve been denied benefits
- Provide information and assistance on health care options, home loans, life insurance, and rehabilitation programs
When veterans, their dependents, or their survivors cannot come to the office because of a disability, the Veterans Services staff make home visits.
So if you are a veteran, a veteran’s spouse, or other family member, just call and let the Veterans Services Office walk you through the process of applying for the benefits you deserve.