Multi-Purpose Senior Services
When everyday tasks such as cooking dinner, climbing stairs, or managing your medical appointments become too difficult for you to do on your own, the Multi-Purpose Senior Services Program, also known as MSSP, might be able to help.
MSSP helps Medi-Cal recipients age 65 and over to continue living in their own homes by arranging for help with:
- Chores, like house cleaning, cooking, and grocery shopping
- Transportation to medical appointments
- Personal care, such as bathing, brushing teeth, and getting dressed
- Medication reminders or help with taking medications
- Home safety modifications
MSSP nurses and social workers help you to connect with community services that might be available to you, such as home-delivered meals, day care, or counseling. Sometimes, MSSP can arrange for someone to provide your care for a short time so that your caregiver can take a break or run errands.
Please give us call for more information about MSSP services and eligibility.