Legal Services for Seniors
The Senior Legal Services program provides free legal information and advice to help Tulare County seniors deal with the most common legal issues confronting adults age 60 or over and caregivers who are age 55 or over. The program is especially geared toward those who are the most needy and the most at risk for losing their homes, benefits, independence, or financial security.
Our attorney may be able to help you with:
- Conflict resolution (neighbors, landlords, caregivers, or others)
- Medi-Cal and protecting your home
- Creating a will or other incapacity planning document
- Debt and foreclosure
- Problems with social security income or other benefits
- Financial elder abuse
- Powers of attorney
- Grandparent matters (like guardianship and visitation)
Keep in mind that the above list is incomplete; if in doubt, please call us.
Another important goal of the program is to educate the community about consumer fraud and elder abuse. Speakers on these topics are available upon request. The Legal Services program also acts as a gateway to other services for seniors.
Legal Services are provided by telephone, by appointment at one of the senior centers, or, if needed, where you live. See the Contact and Location tab for more information.