If you have questions about your Medicare rights and benefits, look no further. The Health Insurance Counseling and Advocacy Program, also known as HICAP, is here to help.
HICAP counselors are trained in Medi-Cal and Medicare and can help you understand the many different insurance options to find the best fit for you.
These are some of the issues we can help you with:
- How to sign up for Medicare now that you are almost 65
- Information about Medicare parts A, B, C, and D
- Questions on prescription drug coverage, co-pays, or eligibility rules
- Help filing an appeal or challenging a denial
- What is covered by Medicare
- How to compare benefits when choosing a plan
- Understanding the Share of Cost with Medi-cal
- Medi-cal benefits comparison with HMO and Medicare Advantage
- Coverage in the gap (gap in medication coverage)
- Extra help in paying for prescription coverage
- Replacing your Medicare card
HICAP services are free of charge and are available at several locations throughout Tulare and Kings counties, including Visalia, Tulare, Porterville, Dinuba, and Hanford. You can also learn about Medicare or Medi-Cal by attending one of the many community presentations or conferences conducted by HICAP counselors.