Hazardous Materials (CUPA)
The Certified Unified Program Agency (CUPA) consolidates under one roof the various requirements for businesses handling hazardous materials, generating or treating hazardous wastes, or operating aboveground or underground storage tanks.
CUPA is responsible for the following six programs:
• Above-Ground Petroleum Storage
• Accidental Release Prevention
• Tiered Permitting – Onsite Hazardous Waste Treatment
• Hazardous Waste Generator
• Hazardous Materials Business Plan
• Underground Storage Tanks
Please see the Resources tab at the left for information on the permitting procedures, requirements, and forms for each of these programs.