Children of Promise Project
Improving grades and attendance, managing emotional ups and downs, and remaining or becoming drug-free are challenges often faced by youth and adolescents. The Children of Promise project helps middle and high school-aged children overcome these challenges and get their lives on track for success.
With the support of caring adults in their lives and a positive peer group, these youth can learn skills to help them set and achieve goals that lead to better academic achievement, mood management, and drug avoidance.
Students who have participated in this project have reported increased:
- Belief that alcohol and other drugs are bad for them
- Ability to manage their anger and control unhelpful or hurtful thoughts
- Positive feelings about themselves, feeling more capable and in control
- Ability to make decisions
- Positive connections to teachers and the school
- Feelings of depression or sadness
- Feelings of hopelessness or helplessness
Services are also available to help parents learn how to be more supportive and encouraging to their children.
Please see the Contact and Location tab for further information.