Child Welfare Services Family Advocate
The Child Welfare Services Family Advocate provides assistance to families involved in the Child Welfare Services (CWS) system. This may include birth parents, children, relatives, and foster parents.
The CWS Family Advocate can answer questions about CWS and the Juvenile Court process and is available to provide support if problems occur.
Following are some of the services that the Family Advocate may provide:
- Listen to your complaints and concerns regarding CWS and help you resolve them.
- Advocate for families and help with communications with the CWS agency and service providers.
- Help you understand the CWS and Juvenile Court processes.
- Explain the roles of staff involved in your CWS case.
- Encourage family participation in case planning and decision making.
- Answer questions that may come up regarding CWS policies and procedures.
- Provide resources if needed.
Take these steps to resolve a problem or issue regarding your case:
- Discuss the problem with your assigned social worker.
- If you cannot resolve the problem, discuss with the worker’s supervisor and/or manager.
- If the problem is still not resolved or continues to occur, contact the Family Advocate.
See the Contact and Location tab for more information.